Friday, November 5, 2010

Another long update.



“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson


“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” - Maria Robinson

Ever since I got back from Vancouver..... my emotion/mind has been hell. I really don't know how to deal with it but I know I have to one way or another. I've been ignoring this for way too long...... so long that it's been years........

I set up this Vancouver trip as a test for myself and it worked... worked way too well.
This trip was the first time in years... three years about..... I stepped out of my normal life and took a look back as a third person on everything..... work, life, family and the most important .. relationship.

This was the first time I've ever been to Canada.... and thanks god I picked Vancouver. It is the most amazing place I've ever been to....... I guess out of Taiwan, Japan, and the States. The city it self reminds me of Taipei, where I grew up and the scenery on the side is soooo amazing. I didn't know you can mix an amazing city + amazing scenery together..... the mountains are just 30 minutes bus ride away... tons of yummy food right around the corner. I can just stand by the sea and stare into the mountains everyday...... thinking about it makes me so happy. I know it rains a lot but still.. def worth living there.



Donut's life= work + relationship + family

Work: I love where I work right now. The company and the people are great. I highly doubt there are any company can beat the "relaxed" atmosphere here.

It's just thinking about the studies I did in college....... my major is Marketing Business... I was force to chose it by my parents..... and soon after I declare my major my parents decided to change their mind and start suggesting other majors like nursing, accounting.... blah blah. I just ignored and went with their first pick. I figure it's easy and broad..... After this trip, I don't know what go to me but I felt like I should try to do what I always wanted to do...... Vet technician.... I fell in love with animals freshmen year in college when I bought Yumi. I want my job to mean something to the work.... as in helping something or someone out.

I've just applied to Vet Technician program in NOVA. I hope everything will work out..... it's a 2 years program. I'm thinking about taking night classes and read my goal slowly.... lets hope everything will work out.. going to meet with the adviser on Monday evening.

Relationship: too much thoughts to share..... it's complicated..... all I can say is.. things will change.....

Family: My family has always been a bit complicated... especially comparing to my friend's family..... but we still love each at the end other no matter what. =)

Born in the States, got shipped to Taiwan when I was about 2 months old to live w/my aunt's family for some reason. Ten years later, got shipped back again to the States.... I had to re-learn everything again in a totally new atmosphere. I have to say that was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Learning new language and making friends...... life was totally different..... The most difficult part was to live with my parents for the very first time in my life... calling them mom and dad was so weird. My "mom" has always been my aunt.

Family drama started in 1996, it was when I got shipped back to the States. Lots and lots... to a point where divorce and abusive come to play (Not abusive to us as kids tho). Fights after fights..... it was very tiring and disturbing. My job at that time is to focus in school and protect my younger brother from the fights.

I started working at our family restaurant.... started cleaning tables.. then pack to gos...all the way to waiting tables and doing basically everything in the front of the house. I was at work from right after school to right before bed everyday... Monday to Sunday....365 days a year. It was painful since I was a teenage.... I wanted to go out and play like everyone else.. but I couldn't. But hey! things got better when college started.

I chose Radford University because of it's location. It was the farthest in-state college I could get in... was 3.5 hours away from home, Richmond, VA. I was so sick of working everyday and not being able to be a "normal teenager". Although I was in college and a bit far, I still ended up coming back home every other weekend to work. I felt guilty not helping my family out since they are paying for my college tuition.

First year in college, I lived in the on-campus dorms..... then the last three years I lived by myself in an apartment near by with Yumi. =) I had a few jobs here and there to keep me busy. It was fun meeting people at work and from classes. I was always the girl who "always go home"........ I guess family is just that important to me. =/

This is going to sound silly but throughout the four years in college, me and my mom chatted everyday ....... every single day.......... our conversation dimmed down after college... slowly from 4 calls a week to 4 calls a month today. Ever since my brother started college a year ago, my parents really doesn't care for me much. Does that mean I'm an adult now?! O.o

Things will change a lot in my life...... I hope they are changing for the better...... =)
Life is full of risks eh? Gotta try and seek what I want.